Okanagan Equine Pulse Therapy
Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Field Therapy is an innovative, non-invasive technology that can provide immediate and life-changing results!
What is PEMF?
Pulse Spa & Equine is your Okanagan Equine Therapy provider. We use Pulse Centers PEMF therapy devices which are the most advanced PEMF technology available to date. PEMF therapy can be found in all equine disciplines, such as dressage, show jumping, barrel racing, chuckwagons and even bull riding. PEMF therapy is for everyone in your home & barn.
Our main mission is to optimize health & promote longevity. We offer flexible appointment times, the best technology available, competitive rates and excellent service.
PEMF Therapy is a way to re-charge every cell in your body so that your cells are better able to uptake nutrients, excrete waste and function optimally.
What are some of the Benefits of PEMF?
PEMF enhances the body's natural ability to heal itself.
Over 2,000 double blind studies have documented the positive effects that PEMF can have on an array of issues. It has been shown to enhance the function of the cell to help the body create a resilient environment so it can do its job.
PEMF creates a systemic response like Fine-Tuning or Turbo-charging the WHOLE body… because of this many issues, not just the targeted ones, also experience improvement.
- The blood oxygen is increased, lymphatic system is activated and acupuncture points are stimulated. This process reduces pain and inflammation and promotes self-healing.
- The electromagnetic pulse is causing the body to generate tiny little microcurrents, and the energy tends to run through the neural pathways. This seems to swamp the C fibers from accessing the neural gates which allow the pain signal to stream to the brain. Less-signal, less pain perception.
Inflammation is a necessary and beneficial process initiated by the body to repair cellular damage in tissues but it often persists longer than necessary, creating pain and limiting movement. Sometimes it can develop into chronic inflammation, which can lead to the ongoing tissue damage found in diseases like tendinitis, arthritis or psoriasis. Chronic inflammation is also a cause of cancer and Alzheimer’s disease, among many other disease conditions.
It is interesting to note that normal cells are not usually impacted by electromagnetic fields. Compromised cells, called meta-stable cells, are more likely to be impacted. This means that PEMFs have more impact in circumstances where there is imbalance in tissues or cells, ie, where there is pathology or chronic inflammation. PEMF Therapy has been found to reduce chronic, damaging inflammation.
Muscle energy production improves. This allows muscles to work harder and longer, and recover more quickly from their work. Muscles that are contracted or in spasm are better able to relax, decreasing tension and reducing pain caused by spasm.
- One of the most basic functions magnetic fields have in the body is to increase circulation, not by increasing heartbeat or blood pressure, but by opening and dilating the arteries and capillaries. When a cell (such as a red blood cell) is injured or ill, it does not hold its ideal charge. This causes red blood cells to “stick” together, making circulation slow. When a magnetic field passes through the cell, the membrane becomes properly charged, allowing the cell to repel itself and keep separate from other cells, thereby increasing circulation. Blood vessels dilate improving the amount of blood flowing through the vessels and therefore increasing the amount of oxygen delivered to the tissues.
- Poor circulation makes tissues unhealthy and prone to disease and breakdown. Improved circulation helps tissues get the nutrition they need, while expelling the waste they produce.
- Good circulation helps tissue with healing and regeneration, reduces swelling and bruising.
PEMF Therapy stimulates cell metabolism, which helps the cell take in more oxygen and nutrients and improves the Lymphatic (Detox) system allowing the cell to easily rid itself of damaging toxins and cellular waste. This can help with reducing pain, inflammation, buildup of lactic acid and improves the overall healing capabilities. PEMF may regenerate damaged or diseased tissues. PEMF can assist with enhancing the synthesis of proteins allowing the body to take full advantage of proteins.
- PEMF can help with the relaxing of the vascular system within minutes of completing a PEMF session, which drops blood pressure by twenty to thirty percent.
- Stress is responsible for at least 65% of our illnesses and accelerates aging. Magnetic Fields have many stress-reducing effects and help to erase the negative effect natural stresses have on our bodies.
- People and other animals enjoy PEMF treatments.
Conditions that PEMF Can Help
- Performance stress & body soreness
- Soreness of the back, stifle, joints, neck, poll, TMJ, shoulder or hooves
- Soft tissue injuries – bruised or torn muscles, tendons & ligaments
- Hoof abscess, stone bruises
- Conditions of age (Arthritis, Cushings Disease)
- Systemic illness & immunity issues
- Digestive issues
- Wounds from surgery or injury
- Bone issues(Normal and non-healing fractures)
- Laminitis, EMP or Founder
- Lackluster health or performance
- Improve behavioral issues associated with stress, mental tension and pain
- Faster recovery from performance, illness or injury
Full Body (60 minutes): $100
Full Body + Legs (90 minutes): $120
Full Body(60 minutes): $80
Add-on service combined with your horse(60 minutes): $50
(must be done at the same time as your horse PEMF session)
Full Body (30 minutes) $50
We have 3 and 10 pack PEMF sessions available for a discounted rate.
Clients outside of a 1 hour commute from Vernon BC will be charged $0.58/km of travel, as per the reasonable rate from the CRA.